Products, Apps & Services
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Products and/or Services, we may collect Personal Information and other data from you. This includes data that is automatically collected by our Products and/or Services as well as data you submit to us. Specifically, we may collect, store, and use the following:
- Usage information, such as how often you have used a Product or App, your progress through a Product or App program (for example, which therapy sessions you have completed and whether you skipped any sessions), whether you have paired your Product to one of our Apps, whether your Product has been connected to WiFi, and analytics information from our App;
- Technical system information, such as the unique device identifier associated with your Product, Product or App system logs and settings, Product or App performance and device attributes, and Product or App crash reports;
- Your responses to any surveys we may ask you to complete to help track your therapy program progress and to direct our activities; and
- Your email and password when you register and download one of our Apps.
In addition, if you choose to communicate with or enroll in our AVR Pathway Program, we may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your email address, phone number, physical address, or other contact information;
- your date of birth;
- your prescriber’s information, including name, address, phone number, fax number, and national provider identifier;
- any health plan or payor information you choose to provide;
- any disclosed medical information or diagnosis and other clinical notes or information necessary to determine if you have health plan or payor coverage;
- whether a prescription submitted to us is covered by your health plan or payor and whether it requires you to pay any out-of-pocket costs;
- any information you submit in response to any survey we send; and
- other information entered into on the AVR Pathway enrollment form or provided to us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you for a variety of purposes. These may include:
- to provide you with information about your use of our Products and/or Services, including, but not limited to, presenting you with the collected information (for example, your progress through the RelieVRx program);
- to contact you or otherwise provide our support regarding your use of our Products and/or Services;
- to fulfill any explicit request or consent by you to share any of the data with other individuals, such as sharing your information with the healthcare professional specifically identified by you;
- to ask for your feedback regarding our Products and/or Services;
- to help us evaluate, improve, or troubleshoot our Products and/or Services;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends regarding our Products and/or Services;
- to de-identify certain data and use the de-identified data for scientific analysis, research, improvement of our Products and/or Services, and/or analysis or development of our business;
- to process payment, if applicable;
- to contact you regarding any product recalls or modifications;
- for any other purpose that is communicated to you or others when we collect or process any data or information.
In addition if you have enrolled with our AVR Pathway Program, we also may use the information collected about you to do the following:
- to communicate with your healthcare professional or you to (i) confirm, obtain, or update your prescription, (ii) help us collect any missing information on your enrollment form, (iii) provide information about whether your health plan or payor offers coverage for our Products, (iv) provide you with information about the delivery or return of the Product, or (v) obtain information regarding your therapy program progress;
- to communicate with a durable medical equipment supplier or specialty pharmacy for purposes of fulfilling or dispensing any prescription you received for the RelieVRx program;
- to assist you with set-up and provide you with training on the use of our Products and/or Services;
- to provide you with communications reminding you to use your Product, which may be provided to you in the form of unsecured email or SMS messages (unless you have not opted in for, or have opted out of, SMS messages), including using an automated dialer;
- to track your personal progress and display it to you inside our Products or Apps, along with the other data you provide to us;
- to keep you updated about your health;
- to improve our Products and/or Services and to develop new content, features, and experiences that can help people live better with pain or other ailments;
- to share data about your use of our Products and Apps with your healthcare professionals (for example, sharing information with your healthcare provider about therapy sessions you have completed); and
- for any other purpose to which you give your consent.
For SMS messages we send to you, message and data rates may apply. You may opt out of any SMS messages by responding with “STOP.” For any emails we send to you about your therapy program progress, you may opt out of receiving future emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
Aggregated or De-Identified Data
No AppliedVR Products and/or Services are intended for children under 13 years of age, and certain Products and/or Services are intended for patients 18 years of age and older. AppliedVR does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other data from children under the age of 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any Personal Information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using any AppliedVR Product and/or Service, you are representing that you are at least 18, or that you are at least 13 years old and have your parents’ or legal guardian’s permission to use one of our Products and/or Services.
Changes to Your Personal Information
We may be able to accommodate requests to change your Personal Information if you email us at the email address below. We will not be able to make changes or delete information if doing so would restrict our ability to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
AppliedVR is based in the United States. The Products and/or Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored, and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using our Products and/or Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
16760 Stagg St, Unit 216
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Last edited: February 17, 2023